3-Ingredient Garlic Cauliflower Rice
This low carb, vegan, 3-ingredient garlic cauliflower rice is easy to make, ready in 10 minutes and perfectly accompanies hundreds of dishes!
Cauliflower rice is everywhere. It’s a great low carb ingredient that is so incredibly versatile. It can be turned into pizza crusts, incorporated in salad, made into risotto and perfect in hundreds of main and side dishes.
Not a fan of cauliflower rice? Well, neither was I. Then something happened and I now love, love love the stuff, and have been eating it at least once a week…for who knows how long now!
Sometimes it’s the boring rice that you need in your life. A “rice” dish that you can rely on, to go with much anything, and that you know is super easy and quick to make.
And it can’t get much simpler than just three ingredients:
- Cauliflower Rice – Like with all my other cauliflower rice recipes, I like to share with you two ways to turn cauliflower into cauliflower rice. The first one is with a box grater (pretty straightforward, just grate it up). The second way, (my preference), is chopping the cauliflower into florets, then pulsing it with a food processor several times, until it resembles rice.
- Olive Oil – This can be substituted this for butter or avocado oil.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic (minced), is key to adding that bit of flavor to this simple side (don’t substitute this for garlic powder, since it really doesn’t taste the same).
Make It More Exciting…
Since it is just so simple, you can add pretty much whatever you want to this rice dish.
- Like a bit of crunch? Add some lightly toasted and chopped almonds to it.
- Like it comforting and cheesy? Add a handful of parmesan or cheddar cheese, (right at the end), and mix it in until it’s all melted.
- Fancy some more flavor? Stir in some chopped cilantro or Italian parsley, and also a squeeze of lime juice to enhance the flavor.
What To Serve It With…
- Curries – Thai Green Curry, Rotisserie Chicken Curry
- Chilis – Beef & Bacon Chili Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- Salads – Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
- Meats & Fish – Easy Greek Lemon Chicken
More Recipes You Might Like…
3-Ingredient Garlic Cauliflower Rice (Low Carb | Vegan | Paleo)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-large skillet, heat the olive oil, over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes, until it browns slightly (stirring frequently to ensure it doesn't burn).
- Add the rice and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to a low-medium and continue to stir frequently for 5-7 minutes, until the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2.3g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.