Almond Butter Blondies
These low carb, keto almond butter blondies are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, snack or dessert! They are quick, easy to make, and will be an instant hit with the whole family!
Oh The Weather Outside Is…Raining again…
The weather in the PNW has been miserable. It has been raining and cold here everyday (some days non-stop), so I have had a lot of baking time! I cannot imagine my life without baking and cooking on a daily basis. Don’t get me wrong, some days I am super lazy and hardly spend any real time in the kitchen…but as a whole, it’s my thing and I love it!
Blondies vs Brownies…
So, last week, when I wanted to rustle up some treats in the kitchen, I asked my family if they would prefer me to make blondies or brownies. The answer…BOTH!. My kids are terrible at decisions. They find choosing from anything rather difficult, so I should have known they weren’t going to be able to decide between two of their favorite treats! So, I did it…I made both, and it was the best decision ever!
For me, I will choose blondies over brownies every time. Blondies have to same great texture as a brownie, but without the chocolate! I have seen them be called “vanilla brownies” or “butterscotch brownies” before, and they kinda are. They are heavenly, fudgey and gooey squares of goodness, that are absolutely perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, snack or dessert!
If you are feeling a little chocolate deprived, then I have two options for you (and yes, you can opt for both for a mega chocolate experience):
- Add 1/4-1/3 cup dark, milk or white stevia-sweetened chocolate chips to the batter and top of the blondies before baking them.
- Drizzle some Chocolate Fudge Sauce over the top of the blondies as they are cooling down (trust me, this sauce is INCREDIBLE and only takes 5 minutes to make!)
Quick AND Easy…
I have yet to mention just how QUICK and EASY these beautiful blondies are to make! They’re one of the easiest recipes ever and only require a handful of ingredients (most of which you might have on hand!)
- Homemade Almond Butter – I don’t want to pressure you guys into making my Homemade Almond Butter…even though it’s the best and you will be missing out if you use a different one! Just make sure that whatever almond butter you use, that it has keto-friendly, has no added sugars and tastes delicious…ahhh just like my Homemade Almond Butter recipe!
- Butter – If you prefer the taste or are adapting this recipe to be vegan-friendly, simply substitute the butter for coconut oil.
- Eggs – Again, if you are going down the vegan route, you can substitute this ingredient for “Flax Eggs.” Flax eggs are easy to make. Just add 1 tbsp flaxseed meal to 3 tbsp of water and let it rest for 10 minutes before incorporating it into the batter.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt – These ingredients add flavors that are necessary in most sweet treats!
- Almond Flour – I like this recipe a lot because it doesn’t use a ton of almond flour. I have tried omitting almond flour all together in this recipe, but I can assure you it needs a little…but only 1/2 cup!
- Granulated GOLDEN Sweetener – I like both Monkfruit and Swerve sweetener the best. You can pick up granulated golden sweetener in most grocery stores now (or online), and it has definitely become a key ingredient in so many of my recipes!
- Baking Powder – This is a raising agent to give the blondies the perfect amount of height!
These sensational sweet treats can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 7 days! But let me warn you…they are highly addictive and will disappear fast!
Serve With (one or all)…
Recipes You Might Also Like…
Almond Butter Blondies
- 1/2 cup Homemade Almond Butter
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Golden Sweetener I like both Monkfruit and Swerve best
- 1/4 cup Butter unsalted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup Stevia-sweetened Chocolate Chips (dark, milk or white)
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Fudge Sauce (to drizzle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a 8”x8” baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, golden sweetener, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt to butter and Homemade Almond Butter together (about 30 seconds).
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- If adding chocolate chips – Mix in half the amount to the batter now, transfer to the baking pan and sprinkle the rest on top. Flatten the top down with a spatula to get make sure it will bake evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Cool completely before slicing. If adding Chocolate Fudge Sauce, do so now whilst they are cooling down.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 1.9g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator. Also, please note I remove the sweetener from the carb count and net carb count, as it has shown that it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.