Almond Butter Breakfast Muffins
These low carb, keto almond butter breakfast muffins are simple and easy to make. They are delicious, satisfying and pair perfectly with your morning tea or coffee!
Mad For Muffins…
Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake. They make the best breakfasts for SO many reasons, because they are:
- Light & Filling – They curb hunger without feeling too full first thing in the morning.
- Versatile – They can never get boring because they can be both sweet (Blueberry Crumb Muffins) and savory (Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins), with thousands of different flavor combinations.
- Quick & Easy – They take roughy 30 minutes to make and bake them.
- Stress-Free Breakfast – One batch makes 12 muffins, so you won’t have to think about breakfast for the next couple of mornings!
I have to take a minute and tell you all how appreciative I am of all the wonderful comments and questions from you all. Several days ago, I had a fellow reader ask me if coconut oil would work as a substitute for the butter. I simply had no choice… I had to make these muffins that day. However, instead of using butter, I used 2.5 tbsp coconut oil...and they turned out divine. So, thank you for inspiring me to make them dairy-free, they were all devoured in 2 days!
Homemade With Love…
I adore Homemade Almond Butter. End of. Nah, I won’t really stop there.
It is one of those things that I make very frequently because it tastes delicious on its own AND it’s also a fantastic ingredient to bake with (like in these Almond Butter Blondies). Plus…you can add cocoa powder to it to make Cocoa Almond Spread to satisfy those chocolate cravings without the guilt! Again, this spread can be eaten on it’s own (yum!) or incorporated with other ingredients to make these Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies.
Store & Serve…
STORING – After the muffins have cooled down completely, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for a month.
SERVING – My absolute favorite way of eating these muffins is heating them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds (longer if they’ve been frozen), then slice them in half. On both halves of the muffins, spread a thin layer of Homemade Almond Butter and Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam! YUM!!
More Recipes You Might Like:
Almond Butter Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Homemade Almond Butter (melted slightly, if hard) *recipe below
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (Monkfruit / Swerve / Erythritol)
- 1/4 cup butter (or 2.5 tbsp coconut oil for dairy-free version)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the almond butter and butter/coconut oil together (for about 35-40 seconds), then stir well.
- Beat in the eggs (one at a time), unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Servings: 12 (1 muffin per serving)
Net Carbs: 3.4g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator. Also, please note I remove the sweetener from the carb count and net carb count, as it has shown that it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.