Bacon & Mushroom “Fettuccine” Alfredo
Low carb “Healthy Noodles” in a rich and creamy sauce, is one of the best keto comfort dinner recipes! This Bacon and Mushroom “Fettuccine” Alfredo is ready in 20 minutes, making it the perfect meal for those busy days!
Before I began this keto lifestyle (nearly a year ago!), I was the biggest pasta fiend ever! Not only did I make this food on a weekly basis, but it was my go-to meal whenever we went out to eat! It was one of those foods that I simply could not imagine living without! So, I decided to venture out into the “pasta” world to find a good alternative to one of my favorite foods. I have learned a lot along the way, and am happy to share my thoughts with you!
There have never been so many keto-friendly products in stores before, and I LOVE it! Ah, I have missed the convenience of some non-keto foods that make dinner time easy and effortless (like pasta) and am SO excited to see what new products will be on our shelves in the future! Before I ramble on, please note that I have not tried all those low-carb “noodles” out there, so will only give you guys my opinion on the ones I have.
These are fabulous! They retain a lot of moisture so it’s important to dry them out before hand. The best method for doing this is, is to bake them for 20 minutes at 400ºF (turning over halfway through). They are one of my go-to spaghetti alternatives that are perfect paired with tomato-based sauces, like in this Zoodle Bolognese Bake.
These noodles are made from the fibrous part of the konjac yam and are also known as “miracle noodles.” I have tried these once. I debated telling you guys my actual feelings towards these noodles because I didn’t want to sway anyone away from trying them (since we all have different tastebuds!). However, they were not for me. I read about the fishy odor and it really is kinda off-putting…but, they’re not too bad once they have been rinsed, cooked and smothered in Asian-flavored sauces!
These are just hearts of palm shaped like pasta. They are only 20 calories and have 2g net carb per serving! I like Hearts of Palm, so I liked these, but again, they were not what I had imagined. I prepared them with a tomato sauce, which was ok, but I think they will work better with my Creamy Basil & Asiago Pesto. So, I will try them again in the future and will keep y’all updated.
These are just thin, slices of cabbage. Even though I went through a stage of making cabbage noodles A LOT, I never 100% perfected a PASTA recipe for them…so I never blogged about them. They are amazing in Asian cooking, such as this Chicken & Cabbage Stir-Fry.
Now, these “Healthy Noodles” are ideal for busy days and meals you want to make in hardly any time! They are already prepared and only take 2 minutes to heat through. I have tried them (several times) with tomato-based sauces, and it did not work. However, they are PERFECT for CREAMY & CHEESY SAUCES! They only have 25 calories and only 1g net carbs per serving, and have become very popular in my house!
Side Note: Please comment & share your favorite low carb, keto-friendly noodles with me!
Ingredients & Substitutions…
- Butter – Butter + Mushrooms + Bacon = YUM!. Yes, you can use olive oil…but butter is better!
- Bacon – I never thought I would EVER eat as much bacon as I do now! We eat it several times a week… in our breakfasts, lunches, dinners and even as an on-the-go snack!
- Mushrooms – If you have read some of my previous recipes, you may already realize I am a huge fan of mushrooms. Below are some mushroom recipes that are truly delicious!
- Heavy cream – I use heavy cream in SO many recipes. I make freshly whipped cream nearly everyday (yes – I agree, I think we have a problem too) so I always have some in the fridge! However, if it not an ingredient you have readily available, then sour cream if a great substitution!
- Mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella cheese is one of the key ingredients in my Buttered Bread Rolls. It’s a sad week in my house if I don’t have any of these bread rolls on hand, so I have mozzarella in my refrigerator at all times. Another cheese I don’t seem to go without, is cheddar cheese. I have tried it in this recipe and can tell you all that it works wonderfully and is a great substitution for mozzarella!
More Recipes You Might Like…
Bacon & Mushroom “Fettuccine” Alfredo
- 2 packs of "Healthy Noodles" (or your preferred low carb noodles)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the bacon. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the noodles, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the noodles have been heated through, and everything is well incorporated.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 3.6g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.