Baked English Muffins (Low Carb | Keto | Gluten-Free)
These low carb, keto-friendly English muffins are soft, fluffy and baked to perfection!
English Muffin Recipes…
If you type in “Low Carb Keto English Muffins” on google, you will find hundreds of “90-second microwave” recipes. Even though they are delicious, every time I eat one, I just want more, and wish I had a batch of them. I like to make a batter (once) and cook it all at the same time. So, after a few attempts, I created these easy, low calorie (since it uses egg whites only) and low carb breakfast/ snack, with only 2.5g net carbs per muffin!
That Perfect Circle…
Now, I invested in some 3.5″ English Muffin Rings (same thing as egg rings)..and I love them! I highly recommend them as they’re great for english muffins (obviously), as well as burgers, vegetable stacks, pancakes, and more!
However, if you don’t any muffin rings (and don’t want to purchase any), then use 4 well-greased ramekins instead.
Make Them Into…
- Classic Eggs Benedict – With your leftover egg yolks, turn them into a Hollandaise, for this classic breakfast (a.k.a my husbands favorite breakfast).
- English Muffin Pizza – Add a little Easy 5-Minute Pizza Sauce, top with cheese (and your favorite toppings) and bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes, until cheese has melted. Note – don’t microwave it, unless you like it soggy!
- Sandwich – These muffins make perfect breakfast sandwiches with sausages, eggs, bacon, or your favorite fillings, and can also be made into a light lunch filled with Tuna Salad.
Spread A Little…
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam – Enjoy the classic combination of butter and jam, but low carb by using this Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam or Sugar-Free Blueberry Jam. Heavenly!
- Homemade Almond Butter – Or your favorite nut/seed butter.
- Cocoa Almond Spread – This is a little like Nutella…but healthier and low carb.
REFRIGERATE – They can be stored in an air-tight container for 5 days.
FREEZE – These muffins freeze beautifully, in an air-tight container, for up to 2 months.
More Recipes You Might Like…
Baked English Muffins (Low Carb | Keto | Gluten Free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease 6 muffin rings/ ramekins with cooking spray. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum (if using) in a bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric beater, whisk the egg whites until frothy (1-2 minutes). Slowly beat in the almond milk, followed by the melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together, until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 6 rings/ramekins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and pop them out. Allow to cool completely.
- When ready to eat, lightly toast them.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2.5g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.