Baked Italian Meatballs (Keto | Low Carb | Gluten Free)
These perfectly baked, low carb Italian meatballs are seriously easy to make. Serve them with zoodles/ courgetti, cauliflower rice, keto-friendly bread rolls or a salad, for a delicious dinner!
Oh those cute little, already formed, packaged meatballs may seem like the easiest option when you are at a supermarket. But, I assure you guys, homemade meatballs are so easy to make, that you won’t even think twice about buying those “convenient” ones.
I have found it very hard to find meatballs that are keto-friendly, as they usually contain some kind of sugar in them (like dextrose), and breadcrumbs (which obviously is a big no-no!). So I make these low carb meatballs on a very frequent basis, and my family cannot get enough of them!
Baked To Perfection…
There’s nothing worse than making meatballs and them falling apart when they are cooking. Therefore, baking them in the oven ensures that they won’t ever fall apart! Simply, mix the meatball ingredients all together (I usually use my hands to well combine them) and form them into 12 meatballs. Then pop them in a preheated oven (400ºF / 200ºC) and bake them on a lined baking tray for 20 minutes.
Top them with warm Low Carb Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce and some mozzarella cheese (if you desire) and you have yourself a delicious dinner!
I like to double up and make extra for the week ahead. These little bad boys can be frozen. Simply cook them like directed below, wait for them to cool down completely, then freeze them in a ziplock bag or freezer-safe container.
To reheat them, either stick them in the microwave or the oven, until heated through.
Serve Them With…
- Zoodles/ Courgetti
- 3-Ingredient Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Best-Ever Cauliflower Mash
- Buttered Bread Rolls
- Garlic Dough Balls or a
- Simple Salad
Baked Italian Meatballs
- 1 lb / 500g ground beef (80% fat)
- 1/3 cup / 50g parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Low Carb Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF / 200ºC.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, parmesan cheese, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients really well together. Form mixture into 12 meatballs (roughly 1.5inch in diameter). Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until browned and fully cooked through (the internal temperature should read 165ºF/ 74ºC).
- Let cool down for 1-2 minutes and eat straight away or warm up the Low Carb Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce and pour over the top of the meatballs.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 1.9g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.