Cauliflower Rice Carbonara
This delicious, low carb cauliflower rice carbonara is the ultimate 15-minute meal! It is easy to make, requires minimal ingredients and is ever-so comforting!
Ever have those days that you just cannot be bothered to cook dinner, but you know you have too? Well, my friends…that was me today! I am usually on it with food ideas, recipes to try and future plans for the next meal…but, today has been exhausting and I have been completely drained! So, I had no choice but to make the ultimate 15-minute recipe! This beautiful, cauliflower rice carbonara is fast and easy to make, requires minimal ingredients (most of which you might already have on hand) and is rich, delicious and comforting!
Rice Up That Cauliflower…
My love for cauliflower rice has grown tremendously over the last year! When I started this keto lifestyle, I saw so many recipes with cauliflower rice in them, that I decided to give it a go! I really was not a big fan of it when I first tried it, but after many attempts to “nail a dish”, I have grown to LOVE it! It is:
- Incredibly versatile!
- Extremely low in carbs (only 5g of carbs per cup, compared to regular rice which has 46g!)
- So quick to make and
You Will Need:
- Cauliflower Rice – I buy my cauliflower rice already riced and ready to go, simply because I’m lazy. However, if you want to make your own cauliflower rice, all you have to do is coarsely chop a head of cauliflower and pulse it in a food processor, until it resembles rice!
- Butter – For many years, I thought butter was bad for me so I actively avoided it….but you guys, it’s perfect for the ketogenic diet! It’s high in fat (about 80% of it is milk fat) and has no carbs!
- Bacon – I have mentioned this in a previous post, and I will mention it again…whenever a recipe calls for bacon, always add at least 2 more slices, because it’s torturous cooking/smelling bacon and not being able to eat any of it!
- Eggs, Heavy cream, Parmesan cheese – These seriously low carb ingredients, add the “creaminess” to the dish, making it ever-so comforting and delicious!
- Garlic, Salt & Pepper – I kept it simple with just garlic, salt and pepper as extra flavor enhances. You really don’t want to go crazy with seasonings and spices in a carbonara, because it’s all about the bacon-flavored cheesy, creamy sauce!
More Recipes You Might Like…
Cauliflower Rice Carbonara
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over a medium heat, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute..
- Add the cauliflower rice, bacon, salt and pepper, and cook for 5-7 minutes, until rice is hot and tender.
- Turn the heat right down (the lower the better), and pour the carbonara sauce over the cauliflower rice mixture. Continually stir until all the ingredients are well combined, and the eggs are cooked through (about 1-2 minutes – not too much longer or you might end up with scrambled eggs!)
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 3.5g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.