Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
This rich and creamy, quick chicken tikka masala is ready in 20 minutes! It is a one-pan, low carb meal, that is faster and healthier than take-out!
Britain’s National Dish…
I bet some of you would have thought that shepherds pie, bangers n mash or toad in the hole might be Britains National dish. But you’d be wrong, because the truth is, that the nations most popular dish is Chicken Tikka Masala.
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorite Indian dishes. I used to order it every time we went to an Indian restaurant. It consists of chunks of chicken in a tomato-curry sauce. A little fact for you guys, “Tikka” means chunks of meat, and “masala” means a mixture of spices.
Most people believe that this dish is believed to have originated in an Indian restaurant in Glasgow, but other people believe it was influenced in the Punjab region of India and Pakistan.
No matter where it originated from, it’s simply divine.
Keeping It Simple…
This recipe is awesome because there is no marinating. no crazy ingredients, no waiting around for 30 minutes or longer and no broiling chicken. It is a one-pot wonder that is ready in 20 minutes!
The Bare Minimum…
I like developing recipes with maximum flavor, and minimal ingredients (and, of course, low carb). The only ingredients you will need are:
- Chicken Breasts – I use 3-4 chicken breasts, depending on the size (3 large or 4 medium).
- Coconut Oil – You can substitute this for butter or ghee.
- Tomato Paste – This gives the tomato base for the curry.
- Double (heavy) Cream – Adds the yummy creaminess!
- Cumin, Paprika, Garam Masala, Turmeric, Ginger – This combination of spices really make this dish burst with authentic flavors.
- Cilantro – Set aside a little extra, for sprinkling on top.
Serve & Store…
REFRIGERATE – This curry can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container. (I double the recipe to ensure we have leftovers, as the next day it tastes even better!)
FREEZE – If stored in a freezer-safe container, it can last for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw it completely, before reheating.
More Recipes You Might Like…
Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 3-4 chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 cup / 125ml heavy cream
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup / 30g cilantro (coriander) chopped
- In a large skillet, over a medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken and garlic, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chicken in white on all sides.
- Stir in the cream, tomato paste, spices and cilantro (coriander).
- Reduce the heat to a low-medium, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2.8g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.