Creamy Chicken & Kale Soup
This delicious, keto creamy chicken and kale soup is a new family favorite recipe! It is one of the easiest, fastest and simplest soup recipes out there, and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Blame The Kids (Again)…
It’s that time of year, where my kids seem to be catching every sickness bug out there! I thought I had a lucky escape by not catching their last few illnesses, but my luck ran out a couple of days ago, and I woke up feeling AWFUL!
My throat was hurting, head was pounding, I started shivering and shaking and I looked ROUGH! Unfortunately, I still have an appetite when I’m sick…as do my kids. After I woke up, I went straight to the kitchen to see what we had that I could eat. All I wanted was soup, and the only ingredients in the fridge was chicken and kale. So, just like that, this delicious soup was created and it was AMAZING!
A few bowls of this dreamy, creamy, soup was EXACTLY what I needed to help me get through the day! It is the perfect recipe for those days when you need something quick, easy, nutritious and delicious!
Another Chicken Soup Recipe For You…
Can you have too many chicken soup recipes? No, I don’t think so either! Whether you fancy a hearty Thai Chicken Curry Soup or a flavorful Chicken Tortilla Soup, or this Creamy Chicken & Kale Soup, you can always rely on a good bowl of chicken soup to heal your soul…unless you’re a vegetarian!
Back in the day when I was a vegetarian, I always got so annoyed with people who said “So, what do you eat then, since you don’t eat meat?” My answer was always exactly the same… “everything but meat!” Even though you non-meat eaters already know to substitute the meat in the above soups for more veggies, it is always nice to have a completely vegetarian soup recipe to go to, like my Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup or Cream of Broccoli Soup.
May I Interest You In Some Croutons…
These garlic-herb croutons are a common request with my kids, and the good news is, they are super easy to make!
- Low Carb Bread Loaf, cubed (or your favorite keto-friendly bread)
- Dried parsley
How To Make These Crave-Worthy Croutons…
- Cut up a few slices of Low Carb Bread Loaf (or your favorite keto bread) into 3/4″ cubes.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the bread cubes, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Stir well and evenly coat each bread cube with the rest of the ingredients.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, until crispy on the outside.
This might just be one of the easiest and simplest soups ever! You basically bring all the ingredients (except the heavy cream) to a boil. Cover the saucepan and let it do it’s thing for 20 minutes. Shred the chicken and add the cream. I don’t think it could get much simpler then that!
Top It Off…
If you want to add some extra flavor and flare to your soup, then one (or all) of these toppings may take your fancy:
- Bacon (cooked then crumbled)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Chili Flakes (I love adding spice to mine!)
Creamy Chicken & Kale Soup
- 2-3 chicken breasts (about 2lbs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock, kale, chicken breasts, onion powder, oregano and thyme to a boil.
- Turn down to medium heat, cover the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt and pepper, and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 5.8g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator