Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse
This low carb, creamy peanut butter mousse is an easy to make, no-bake dessert that is ready in just 5 minutes!
Peanut butter is one of my weaknesses. If there’s a jar open (with a spoon nearby), you betta believe I will go for it. Even though it is high in fat, has moderate protein and is low in carbs, I make sure to only eat it in moderate amounts. Most peanut butters contain sugar, so it’s important to always check the labels. Now, I know it’s a bit more expensive, but it’s totally worth buying the jars with only two ingredients in it: peanuts and salt.
I recently made my own and it’s SO easy and delicious! I simply added 2 cups of peanuts and a pinch of salt to a food processor, and blended it for a good 10 minutes. It was a little dry and crumbly at first, but like my Homemade Almond Butter, it does eventually turn creamy and smooth…and is insanely delicious.
So Many Wins In One Dessert…
What makes this peanut butter mousse amazing? Well, it’s:
- Only requires 5 ingredients
- Takes only 5 minutes to make
- Low Carb
- Versatile and is
- Absolutely Heavenly!
Magic Number 5…
All you need is 5 ingredients (and 5 minutes) to make this marvelous mousse:
- Peanut Butter – If peanut butter is not for you, substitute this for Homemade Almond Butter or Sunflower Seed Butter (for a nut free option).
- Coconut Oil – With it’s great flavor, nutritious qualities and vast amount of health benefits…coconut oil is essential in everyone’s home!
- Confectioner’s Sweetener – Swerve or Monkfruit are my usual, go-to’s, for sweeteners. However, feel free to use your preferred powdered sweetener.
- Heavy Cream – It is high in fat, low in carbs and makes this mousse ever-so light and fluffy!
- Vanilla Extract – Other favorite flavors that work well with this dessert are: banana, maple or caramel.
Other Uses For This Recipe:
- Frosting For Cupcakes – or frosting on its own!
- Filling For A Pie – Yes, please!
- Filling Between Cookies – Who doesn’t love cookie sandwiches?! Try this mousse with these Best Keto Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Freeze It – They make yummy mousse-type ice cream bites! Pour the peanut butter mousse into ice-cube trays and freeze, until solid.
More Recipes You Might Like…
Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered Monkfruit sweetener (or your preferred confectioner's sweetener)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together in a microwavable-safe bowl for abut 30 seconds, until the coconut oil is melted. Mix them until well combined.
- With an electric beater, beat in the powdered sweetener, heavy cream and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy straight away, or refrigerate until desired.
Net Carbs: 3.9g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator. Also, please note I remove the sweetener from the carb count and net carb count, as it has shown that it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.