Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
This is simply the best-ever, low carb, keto creamy roasted tomato soup! It is flavorful, comforting and super easy to make!
We LOVE tomatoes in this house! We go through A TON of them every single week. So, I was extremely pleased to find out my local store had a sale on their Roma tomatoes this week, and if you know me, then you know that I cannot resist a bargain! So, I bought two dozen of them! This may sound a little excessive to some of you, but I can assure you that all of them be eaten within a week!
Roasted tomatoes are heavenly…they are sweet, juicy and make the best soups and sauces (such as this Easy Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce!)
To perfectly roast Roma tomatoes, simply:
- Score a cross on the base of the tomato (this makes them super easy to peel) and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Toss them in some olive oil and roast them for 15-20 minutes at 420°F, until the skin splits.
- Allow them to cool down for a good 5 minutes before peeling the skins off. (Do not attempt to peel them straight away or your fingertips will burn…trust me!)
This soup can be easily be made vegan by:
1, Substituting the butter for olive oil or avocado oil.
2. Substituting the chicken stock for vegetable stock.
3. Omitting the heavy whipping cream!
Serve this perfect bowl of soup with these Buttered Bread Rolls for a winning combination!
More Soup Recipes You Might Like…
Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Score a cross in the skin on the bottom of the tomatoes and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Toss them with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the skins splits.
- Take them out the oven and allow them to cool on the side for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the tomatoes are cooling down, heat the butter in a medium saucepan and add in the celery and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the celery becomes tender.
- Peel off the skin of the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes and add them to the saucepan.
- Pour in the chicken stock, fresh basil, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer it to a blender, and puree for 30-45 seconds, until completely smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the saucepan and heat on a low for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 6g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.