Crustless Quiche Lorraine
Save time making a quiche, by making it crustless! Made with eggs, bacon, gruyère cheese, cream, milk and a little seasoning, this easy dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
What Is Quiche Lorraine?
Quiche Lorraine is an egg-based French dish, filled with bacon and gruyère cheese…and usually baked in a shortcrust pastry. However, this recipe is slightly different as it’s made without any crust. Making a crustless quiche greatly reduces stress, time and carbs. Simply, whisk up the ingredients, pour it into a prepared pie dish and bake it.
I have to say that I do make a crustless quiches quite often, as they require very little effort and my family always devours them. They also make a fantastic make-ahead meal, and can be enjoyed cold or warm. Plus, they are loaded with protein and are extremely low carb. This particular Crustless Quiche Lorraine only has 0.7g net carbs per serving (winning at keto!)
Now, if I haven’t sold you on this recipe yet, let me tell you one more reason I adore this recipe. It is incredibly versatile. You can easily substitute the bacon and gruyère cheese for whatever protein or cheese you have in the house, like ham and swiss cheese (yum!) And to increase its nutrition values, feel free to add some veggies to the egg mixture (before baking it), like spinach or broccoli.
More Recipes You Might Like…
Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 6 eggs
- 4oz (1 cup) Gruyère cheese grated
- 120ml (1/2 cup) double (heavy) cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred unsweetened milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180ºF/ 375ºF and grease a 9" pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cheese, cream, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg together.
- Add the bacon on top to the egg mixture, and pour it all into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg mixture has set, and its slightly puffed.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 0.7g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.