Low Carb Garlic Dough Balls
These little balls of deliciousness are ridiculously easy to make and insanely tasty! They make the perfect low carb appetizer, snack or side dish!
Little Balls of Deliciousness…
When my husband and I used to live in England, one of our favorite appetizers to order in Italian restaurants were garlic dough balls. These yummy balls came out warm, soft and ever-so fluffy!
Today, I totally craved them, made some…and they were amaze-balls! 😉
I made them to go along with my Zoodle Bolognese Bake, but they would also side well with Chicken Pesto Zoodle Bake, Beef and Bacon Chili, Cream of Broccoli Soup, or this Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet.
Make & Bake…
Below is a quick video showing you guys just how easy these garlicy, soft and buttery balls are to make!
Note: Like my Buttered Bread Rolls, this dough is sticky! Therefore, before separating and forming the dough balls, dampen your hands with some water, in order to prevent the dough sticking all to your fingers!
Top ‘Em & Sauce ‘Em…
EXTRA CHEESY GOODNESS – Once they have been taken out the oven (for the second time) sprinkle them with 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Return them back to the oven (again!) for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
SERVE – Serve these yummy balls with your favorite dipping sauce, to make a sensational appetizer or snack! They work particularly well with:
- Easy Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Basil & Asiago Pesto
- Easy 5-Minute Pizza Sauce
- Warm Cheese & Bacon Dip
More Recipe You Might Like…
Low Carb Garlic Dough Balls
Garlic Dough Balls:
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Garlic Butter Topping:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 heaped tsp garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, garlic powder and salt together, then set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together, and stir together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the melted cheeses. Add the egg and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- With dampened hands, divide and roll the dough into 12 even dough balls.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet (with space between around each one) and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Make the Garlic-Butter Topping: In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and garlic together for about 30-45 seconds, until the butter has melted.
- Once the tops of the dough balls are very slightly browned, take them out the oven and brush each one with the garlic-butter topping. Put them back into the oven for 3 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Servings: 6 (2 balls per serving)
Net Carbs: 1.1g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.