Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins (Keto | Gluten Free | LCHF)
These make-ahead, ham and cheese breakfast muffins, are perfect for a busy morning! They are high in protein, low in carbs and super simple to make!
Mad about Muffins…
It’s true…I am mad about muffins! They are quick and easy to make, and perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
My go-to muffin recipes are typically sweet. My family love these:
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- Almond Butter Breakfast Muffins
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
However…last week, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go down the savory route! The only ingredients in my fridge at the time, was ham and cheese(which was kinda perfect, if you ask me!)
These scrumptious muffins were a huge hit with my kids, who kept on insisting that we make them again!
Store them in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
Note: After eating my fair share of these savory sensations, I can honestly say that the BEST way to eat them is to warm them up in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds!
More Recipes You Might Like…
Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a medium size bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, butter, almond milk and dijon mustard together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the ham and cheese.
- Scoop muffin mixture into a 12-lined muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until inserts toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before enjoying!
Net Carbs: 3.2g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.