Italian Meatloaf (Gluten-Free | Low Carb | Keto)
This Italian meatloaf is made with the combination of beef and pork, to make the juiciest meatloaf. It’s then topped with low carb marinara sauce and cheese, for extra comfort and flavour!
It wasn’t until I moved to America, that I discovered meatloaf…and then I saw it everywhere! I was a little apprehensive about trying it (not really sure why) but once I did, I absolutely loved it!
It was comforting, easy to make and the opportunities for the flavours was endless.
I have tried out many different meatloafs, including BBQ Turkey Meatloaf, and decided it was time to upload this Italian Meatloaf recipe for you all.
So, How Easy Is It?
- Mix all the meat ingredients together, and pack it in a greased loaf tin. Bake it for 40-45 minutes.
- Top it with Low Carb Roasted Tomato Marinara Sauce (or your favourite low carb marinara sauce) and mature cheddar cheese, and bake it again for a further 10 minutes.
- Leave it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then remove it from the tin, slice, serve and enjoy!
Side Note: It’s fully cooked, when an inserted meat thermometer (in the centre of the meatloaf), reads 160ºF/ 71ºC.
Store this meatloaf in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
It can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely and reheat it, before serving.
What To Pair With Meatloaf…
- Best-Ever Cauliflower Mash
- Garlic Dough Balls
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Keto Halloumi Fries
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon-Dijon Vinaigrette
More Recipes You Might Like…
- 750g (1.6lbs) beef mince
- 225g (1/2 lb) pork mince
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 35g (1/2 cup) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 75g (1/3 cup) low carb roasted marinara sauce (recipe below)
- 112g (1/2 cup) mature cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/ 180ºC, and lightly grease a bread loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, using your hands, mix all the meatloaf ingredients well together.
- Transfer the meat mixture into the greased tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Pour the Low Carb Marinara Sauce on top of the meatloaf, and top with the cheese.
- Return it back to oven for 10 more minutes, until the sauce is warmed up and the cheese has melted.
- Allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice, Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 5.2g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.