Keto Flaxseed Tortilla Chips
These low carb, keto flaxseed tortilla chips are quick and easy to make! They are perfect for nachos and taste great with you any of your favorite dips!
The Perfect Tortilla Chips…
I have tried making tortilla chips several times, and they kept getting close to perfection, but somehow fell slightly short…until now! Ladies and gentlemen, let me happily introduce you guys to the ultimate tortilla chip! This is the only tortilla chip recipe you will need! They are so moreish and are great in my Keto Chicken Tortilla Soup and Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos.
These low carb, keto flaxseed tortilla chips are SO quick and easy to make! They only take 5 minutes preparation time and 12-15 minutes baking time.
Flaxseed is a great addition in keto baking! It is high in fiber, omega-3 fats and has so many health benefits including:
- Supports Digestive Health
- Improves Cholesterol
- Increases Estrogen Levels
- Decreases Blood Pressure
- Improves Brain Health
- Lowers Cancer Risk
You can buy flaxseed meal already ground up, or you can simply make it by grinding up flaxseeds in a food processor for a couple of minutes. Easy!
How To Make These Delicious Chips…
- Mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and baking powder together.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese in a microwave.
- Stir the melted cheese and dry ingredients together, and mix until very well combined. I find using my hands is the best way to bind the dough.
- Once the dough is well combined, roll it out on a silicone baking mat or piece of parchment paper.
- Side Note: The thinner the dough, the crispier the tortilla chips!
- Cut into dough into triangles. Separate them slightly and bake for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway though.
- Take them out the oven and sprinkle them with some salt.
- Leave them to cool completely…then TUCK IN!
More Recipes You Might Like…
Keto Flaxseed Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus a little extra for sprinkling on at the end)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a medium size bowl, mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, cumin, salt and baking powder together.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese in the microwave for 1 minute. If you feel it needs longer, microwave in 15 second increments, until the cheese has melted.
- Stir the melted mozzarella cheese and dry ingredients, until very well combined. (I use my hands!)
- Roll out the dough on the baking mat. The thinner the dough, the crispier the tortilla chips!
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles. Separate them slightly and bake for 12-15 minutes, turning halfway though.
- Sprinkle them with some salt and allow them to cool down completely.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 1.2g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.