Low Carb Bread Loaf (Keto | Gluten Free | Grain-Free | LCHF)
This delicious keto, low carb bread loaf is ridiculously simple and easy to make. The combination of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, flaxseed meal and xanthan gum makes this the perfect gluten-free bread recipe for everyone!
Before changing and adapting to this keto lifestyle, my husband and I were massive bread fiends! We could not go food shopping without buying at least one loaf of bread. So, we needed a new bread recipe that isn’t loaded with wheat, gluten and carbs. This recipe is an adaptation on my trusty, fool-proof Keto Buttered Bread Rolls.
My family and I devoured the whole thing within a day…so the next day I made more!
The Same But Different…
Mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and almond flour are classic ingredients in many keto “bread” recipes. I use this combination of ingredients in my:
I love using flaxseed meal in many recipes, as it is wonderful for binding ingredients together. I mentioned some of the amazing advantages of cooking and baking with flaxseed meal on my Keto Flaxseed Tortilla Chips page. However, if you haven’t read that post, then here are some interesting health benefits of flaxseed meal. It:
- Supports Digestive Health
- Improves Cholesterol
- Increases Estrogen Levels
- Decreases Blood Pressure
- Improves Brain Health
- Lowers Cancer Risk
You can buy xanthan gum in most major supermarkets now. It may seem expensive at first, but trust me, it lasts AGES! I bought my bag over a year ago, and I am still working my way through it! That’s because I only ever need 1/8 – 1/4 tsp of it, at a time!
I understand that not everyone loves using/eating it. However, it is a great thickening agent and helps prevent food falling apart! Additionally, it has some interesting health benefits, including:
- lowering blood glucose levels
- reducing cholesterol
- aiding in weight loss
- promoting digestive health
Make Extra for Freezing…
This delicious bread loaf can be frozen for up to 3 months in the freezer!
Tip Time… Slice it before freezing! This enables you to easily grab some slices of bread as you please, without having to defrost the whole loaf! Make sure, there is a piece of freezer paper/parchment paper between each slice, to prevent them sticking together!
Enjoy A Slice With…
Low Carb Bread Loaf (Keto | Gluten-Free | Grain Free | LCHF)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a loaf pan.
- Melt both the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a microwavable bowl for 1-2 minutes, until they can be well mixed together. Check it at 1 minute, stir together, and if it needs longer, then continue to microwave in 30-second increments.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add the almond flower, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Stir well until all combined.
- Pour the bread mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top has browned.
- Let it cool down for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!
Servings: 16 thin slices
Net Carbs: 2.4g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator