Middle Eastern Chicken Wings with Tahini Dip (Low Carb | Dairy-Free |Paleo)
Flavoured with paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic and turmeric, these baked chicken wings are a great option for a low-carb, low-budget, dairy-free dinner.
How This Recipe Came About….
I have seen hundreds of chicken wing recipes popping up on my instagram newsfeed recently, and they look so frickin’ good! But I am not a “wings” lover, I’m a breast girl. However, I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and bite the bullet, and I bought a large pack of chicken wings.
The most popular sauce for wings is buffalo sauce, which is SUPER easy to make by mixing melted butter and hot sauce together. BUT, if you follow my recipes on here or instagram, then you know that I have two kids who I cook for too, who would not appreciate buffalo sauce on the wings.
So I went the mediterranean route because they both absolutely LOVE Mediterranean food (as could I!) So, I marinated the wings in mediterranean spices and paired them with a tahini dip.
Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds. It is extremely popular in Middle Eastern Food, as it is rich, creamy and a great ingredient to add to dips or marinades. It has kind of a nutty flavor, and almost resembles nut butters, but the consistency is tremendously thinner.
To make it spicy, add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to it, and it’s extremely tasty.
This dip can be stored in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container, for 4-5days, and served as a dressing with your everyday salad.
How long Do Chicken Wings Take To Cook…
After researching many chicken wing recipes, I came to the decision of baking these wings at 200ºC (400ºF) for 45 minutes, turning them over every 15 minutes. They turned out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, which was perfect! That being said, every oven is different, so start checking them for “doneness” around the 35 minute mark. Once the internal temperature of the chicken reads 74ºC/ 165ºF, they are all good to go. If you want then skin to be extra crispy, place them under the broiler/grill for 2-3 minutes.
Complete This Meal…
To make this meal complete, serve these wings with:
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
- Low Carb Greek Salad
- Crispy Keto Halloumi Fries
- 3-Ingredient Garlic Cauliflower Rice
More Recipes You Might Like…
Middle Eastern Chicken Wings with Tahini Dip
Middle Eastern Chicken Wings:
- 900g (2 lbs) chicken wings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 45g (1/3 cup) tahini
- 60ml (1/4 cup) warm water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper together. Add the chicken wings, and toss to coat evenly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF) and line a baking sheet with foil, then grease it with either cooking spray or a little oil.
- Place the chicken wings on the tray, spaced apart slightly, and bake them for 45 minutes, turning them over every 15 minutes.
- For super crispy skin, place them under the broiler/grill for 2-3 minutes, until then skin is cooked to your likeness.
- While they are cooking, make the tahini dip. Put all the dip ingredients in a mixing bowl, and whisk constantly, until he sauce is smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts – Chicken Wings:
Net Carbs: 0.8g
Nutrition Facts – Tahini Dip:
Net Carbs: 1.4g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.