Mini Sweet Pepper Poppers (Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free)
Step aside jalapeño poppers…there’s a new popper in town (that’s kid-friendly!) These delicious, sweet pepper poppers are super easy to make and are ready in under 30 minutes! They are perfect as a holiday appetizer, party food, side dish or snack.
The New Popper In Town….
I love spicy food, all things cheesy and bacon, so it’s no surprise that I love jalapeño poppers. Whenever I make them my husband and I sit there and eat the whole lot (no matter how large the batch is). However, when this happens, my kids feel left out (so we had to pretend they were not as delicious as they truly are). Therefore, I simply had to make pepper poppers that my whole family could enjoy. And, these mini sweet peppers with a cream cheese, bacon and cheddar cheese are just that! They are perfect for everyone and can be served as an appetizer, side dish or snack.
How To Make The Perfect Pepper Poppers…
- Prepare The Peppers – Simply rinse and slice mini sweet peppers in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and lay them a lined baking sheet.
- Make the filling – This cheesy and bacon-y filling is comforting and delicious. I could honestly just eat the filling on it’s own. It is so creamy, because of the softened cream cheese. It is incredibly important to have your cream cheese softened slightly (this can be done in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds) so it can easily be stirred. Once it is stirred, all you have to do is add the bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Stuff ‘Em – The easiest way I have found stuffing mini peppers is by using my fingers. I tried fiddling around with spoons before, but it’s just not worth it. Using your fingers takes infinitely less time and you can be more precise.
- Bake ‘Em– They only need 20 minutes in the oven at 190ºC/ 375ºF to become one of your favorite recipes to share (or enjoy solely by yourself!
- Serve – Even though these pepper poppers are good cold, they are way better when they are hot! Therefore, I highly suggest to serve them straight away, when they have come out of the oven.
More Appetizer Recipes You Might Like…
Mini Sweet Pepper Poppers
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 170g (6oz) cream cheese
- 6 slices streaky bacon cooked and chopped
- 58g (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese grated
- 58g (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/ 375ºF and line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice the mini sweet peppers in half lengthways and discard the seeds.
- In a microwavable bowl, place the cream cheese in the microwave for 20-25 seconds, until it has softened slightly and is easy to mix.
- Stir in the bacon, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and parsley. Mix well.
- Fill each half of the mini peppers with the cheesy-bacon filling.
- Place the stuffed peppers on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the filling has melted and the top is slightly golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Servings: 8 (2 per serving)
Net Carbs: 4.4g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.