No-Bread Bacon & Egg Sandwich (Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free)
This protein-packed, low carb, no-bread breakfast sandwich only has 0.8g net carbs, and is ready to eat in just 5 minutes!
No-Bread, No Problem…
I love using eggs instead of bread for my breakfast sandwiches. This way means that I don’t have to mess about in the kitchen, grabbing all my different ingredients and making any kind of bread substitute. I just crack some eggs in a bowl with some cheese (always cheese for me, but feel free to omit it), microwave it and my “bread” it made. It most probably the easiest breakfast sandwich ever, which is why I make one at least once a week!
Running Out of Time…
The other reason I love this breakfast sandwich so much, is the fact that it is made in just 5 minutes!
We eat breakfast when we first wake up. For me that’s usually a silly time (between 4-5am), and for my kids that’s usually around 6am. So by the time we’ve eaten our first breakfast, hung out and gotten ready for the day, we are all hungry again. By this time, we usually only have about 20 minutes or so, before we have to leave the house. Therefore, more often than not, I make some kind of variation of this recipe. This keeps us happy and satisfied for a couple of hours…until our mid-morning snack.
Meats & Veggies…
If you fancy a bit more flavor in the egg, a few of my favorite add-ins include:
- ham, diced
- chicken, cooked and chopped
- zucchini, finely diced
- mushrooms, diced
- avocado, diced
- bell pepper, diced
- additional cheeses like gouda, mozzarella or parmesan
More Recipes You Might Like…
No-Bread Egg & Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk divided
- 4 slices streaky bacon precooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese divided
- In two identical microwaveable bowls, melt 1/2 tbsp butter in each bowl for about 15-20 seconds.
- Crack an egg into each bowl, along with 1 tsp milk, 2 tbsp of cheese (if using), and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Whisk it all together with a fork.
- Microwave each bowl (separately) for 60-70 seconds, until the egg is completely cooked through.
- Warm the bacon in the microwave on a small paper-towel lined plate, for about 30 seconds.
- Flip one of the egg layers on a plate, followed by the bacon, then the other egg layer on top.
- Serve with your favorite low carb sauce.
Net Carbs: 0.8g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.