Perfect Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
This low carb, sugar-free, keto cranberry sauce is perfectly sweet and tangy. It is the ultimate side dish to bring to the table for the holidays.
I don’t know about you guys, but this year has flown by! I cannot believe it is November already! I feel we just had Thanksgiving and Christmas and now these holidays are here again! And we all know, that there are those standard recipes that you HAVE to make every year to bring to the table for the holidays. One of those dishes is cranberry sauce.
To be honest with you all, I never used to see the point of cranberry sauce and understand why so people loved it. It was a gloopy, gelatinous, red log that tasted kinda gross and boring. However, when I started making homemade cranberry sauce, my opinion on the stuff completely changed! I now ADORE it! I cannot get enough of it, and neither can my kids.
Favorite Ways To Eat Cranberry Sauce…
I’m not kidding when I suggest doubling this recipe. I didn’t expect to love this sauce as much as I do and my whole family found we could not get enough of it! It iso versatile and can be incorporated in both sweet and savory dishes.
It is awesome as a:
- Spread (I recommend toasting my Low Carb Bread Loaf, spreading some cream cheese and a little of this sauce on it, for a insanely good snack!)
- Sauce for pancakes or waffles (with whipped cream, of course!)
- Topping to a pastry (either go the sweet route with some sugar-free white chocolate, or go savory with some cheese)
- Swirl for mousse or whipped cream (for an easy dessert) and
- Simply as a side dish for roast turkey!
I had to add the word “perfect” to the title because…well…it really is!
It is sweet, tangy, rich and flavorful which is everything an more that you want in a cranberry sauce. Oh and before I forget to mention it, it’s insanely easy and quick to make! It only has a couple of directions (which are super straight-froward) and is ready in 15 minutes!
To make this sauce all you have to do is throw all the ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring it to a boil (stirring occasionally), then reduce the heat and cover it for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the sauce to cool down before transferring it to an air-tight container.
If you are planning on using it fairly soon, then store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
However, if you are a planner and have decided to make this ahead of time, then you can store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Perfect Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup golden granular sweetener (I like using Monkfruit or Swerve)
- 1/3 cup white granular sweetener (I like using Monkfruit or Swerve)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce to a low-medium heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the cranberries burst.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to an air-tight container.
Servings: 18 (2 tbsp)
Net Carbs: 1g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator. Also, please note I remove the granulated sweetener from the carb count and net carb count, as it has shown that it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.