Picadillo (Keto | Low Carb | Paleo)
This keto, low carb, paleo picadillo is made with ground beef, green olives, capers and spices. It’s super easy to make and the flavours are wonderful!
Tired Of The Same Old Beef Recipes…
Gound beef is one of those ingredients that I always buy whenever I go to the supermarket. However, I get bored and tired of cooking same ol’ beef recipes, and am always looking for new recipes. Well, I saw a picadillo recipe last week, and knew that’s what I was going to make next! I have never made picadillo before, and it was amazing!
I couldn’t believe how easy this was to make, and SO incredibly flavourful it was! My husband, who does not like olives, extremely enjoyed this meal, and requested that I make it again (which I most certainly will do!)
What Is Picadillo?
Picadillo is a popular dish in Cuba and Latin America. It is made from ground (minced) beef, olives, capers and spices, simmered in a tomato sauce. It traditionally also has potatoes, black beans and/or raisins added to it, but because those ingredients are high in carbs, I omitted them from this recipe.
This delicious, recipe comes together in 30 minutes, and is ridiculously easy to make! I highly recommend trying it out next time you have ground beef on hand, and let me know what you think!
What To Serve It With?
- 3-Ingredient Cauliflower Rice
- Best-Ever Cauliflower Mash
- Green Salad
- Top it on some Low Carb Tortillas OR Lettuce Wraps
More Beef Recipes You Might Like..
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 450g (1lb) ground beef
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 125ml (½ cup) beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 60g (⅓ cup) green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Once hot, add the celery, bell pepper and garlic, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the pepper is tender.
- Add the ground beef, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Break up the beef with a spatula and sauté until the beef has browned.
- Add the beef stock, tomato paste, olive and capers, and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 3.7g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.