Quick & Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Keto | Low Carb | Gluten Free)
These low carb chocolate chip cookies are quick and easy to make. They are ready to eat in under 30 minutes, and will instantly satisfy your sweet cravings!
I love baking, but I have my days where I want something quick, easy and ready pronto. So, I quickly rustled up a batch of these chocolate chip cookies and they turned out insanely delicious. The whole batch was eaten within 24 hours, as my family (any myself) were addicted to them!
Let’s Talk Chocolate Chips…
Ok, you guys, the truth is I’m struggling. It is SO hard here in the UK to find stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. Most of their sugar-free chocolate chips in the supermarkets (and even health food shops) are sweetened with maltitol. Now, I am not a fan of maltitol...AT ALL! It can leave a very artificial taste in your mouth, PLUS it can still have an affect on blood sugar. It makes no sense to me why they approve this sweetener for diabetic people…so I am going on a mission in the next few weeks to find the best chocolate chips that won’t affect blood sugar levels and I’m even going to attempt to make my own.
The Importance of Cooling…
Two things you all should about me is that 1. I have zero willpower and 2. I’m impatient. I could not resist the temptation of trying these cookies straight out of the oven. Even though, they are amazing warm, they are even better once they have cooled down completely. Cooling down completely will result in the very best texture and ensure the cookies will hold together better.
More Recipes You Might Like…
Quick & Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups / 200g almond flour
- 1/4 cup / 55g unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup / 100g granulated sweetener (erythritol / monkfruit)
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips (lily's or choczero)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sweetener together, for about 1 minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt together. Stir into the wet ingredients, followed by with the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2.2g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator. Also, please note I remove the sweetener from the carb count and net carb count, as it has shown that it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.