Sausage & Kale Egg Bites (Keto | Low Carb | LCHF)
These quick and easy egg bites are perfect to make ahead of time, for a great grab-and-go breakfast, for those busy mornings. Each one has 0.6g net carbs in it!
What Makes Egg Bites So Good?
Egg bites, also known as egg muffins or egg cups, are great for many reasons. They are:
- Extremely versatile – If sausage and kale are not your “things”, opt for your favorite protein and vegetables, and you will still end up with some mighty good egg bites.
- Easy to prepare – A little sautéing, a little whisking and pour the whole thing into a muffin tin.
- Nutritious – These breakfast bites are exactly what your body needs in the morning, they are high in protein and low in carbs, making them perfect to fuel the day ahead.
Make ahead, Bake ahead…
Making these egg bites ahead of time, is a great way to meal prep for the upcoming week. You can eat them cold, but they are infinitely better heated up in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, until warmed through.
Freeze Them – Yes, they are also great frozen. Simply, make them as directed. Once they have cooled down, freeze them in a ziplock bag or air-tight container, for up to 3 months. They take approximately 60-90 seconds to reheat from frozen.
More Breakfast Recipes You Might Like…
Sausage & Kale Egg Bites
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter plus extra for greasing
- 16 oz ground sausage browned and drained
- 1/2 cup / 120ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups / 134g kale chopped
- 1 cup / 110g sharp cheddar cheese grated and divided
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and and brown the sausage meat. Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/ 180ºC and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with melted butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt together.
- Add 1/2 the cheddar cheese, and mix again.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into each muffin cavity, and sprinkle remaining cheese over each one.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the centre is set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool down for 2 minutes.
- Run butter knife around the edges to easily remove them from each muffin from the tin.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 0.6g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.