Tzatziki Sauce (Keto | Low Carb | Easy)
This low carb, keto-friendly tzatziki sauce is quick & easy to prepare, and perfectly accompanies grilled meats of veggies!
I have, and always will, be completely obsessed with Greek food. It is my all-time favorite cuisine. I have so many recipes that are ready to be uploaded to my website, but first… I have to publish this classic one.
Tzatziki sauce is served with pretty much all Greek dishes, which is why it is important to have a good, go-to recipe (like this one), to have on hand.
Standard Ingredients (for the most part)…
This recipe use those typical tzatziki ingredients, like cucumber, fresh dill, lemon juice and garlic. However, traditional tzatziki is made with greek yogurt, whereas this one has a sour cream base.
I LOVE sour cream (soured cream here in the UK) and use it in hundreds of recipes. I prefer it since is much lower in carbs and has a slightly higher fat content compared to greek yogurt. 1 cup (240g) of Greek yogurt contains 8.4g net carbs, whereas to 1 cup (240g) of sour cream has 6.6g net carbs. Even though there’s not a great deal of difference between the two, the thickness and creaminess of sour cream works exceptionally well in this dip, and I wouldn’t do it any other way.
As you all know, I am not dairy=free or vegan, but I wanted to make sure there was a dairy-free option for those of you that are. I tried this recipe with unsweetened coconut yogurt, and it’s VERY close in taste to the sour cream base and only has 7g net carbs per cup.
Uses For Tzatziki Sauce…
It’s not just a fabulous dip for veggies and pita bread (I am still working on perfecting this recipe…but I’m not quite 100% happy with it yet), and it can also be a:
- Marinade – for meat or fish. I marinated some chicken in it before a bbq I had several weeks ago, and it was delicious!
- Sauce – for anything. I especially love it with my Minted Lamb Burgers (which is another upcoming recipe I have for you guys).
- Salad Dressing – Pour it on a greek salad or a green salad, for a great, creamy alternative to other salad dressings.
More Greek Recipes You Might Like…
- 1 medium English cucumber peeled
- 1 cup / 240g sour cream
- 2 tbsp / 30g olive oil
- 1 tbsp / 15g lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp / 12g fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tsp / 3g garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Grate the cucumber and use a cheesecloth (or dish towel) to squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together, until well combined.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Servings: 12 (tbsp per serving)
Net Carbs: 1.2g
Please note, I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional information for this recipe is provided for informational purposes only. I aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but I advise you calculate the nutritional information yourself using your favorite nutrition calculator.